Season 10


THIS SUNDAY: SEASON 10 FINALE!

 Posted on Mar 23, 2017

This time of year always is full of mixed feelings for Heartland fans.
First, I'm sure you heard the overwhelming good news that an 11th season of television's favourite family drama is going to be produced and will be starting this fall. That season should launch in late September or early October. When I have a firm date you will read it here. Yes Heartlanders, the ongoing saga of the longest one-hour drama in Canadian television history shall continue with eighteen brand new episodes on CBC.
I hope this news overshadows the fact that this Sunday is the final Heartland Sunday (a Sunday with a NEW Heartland episode on CBC) until episode 1101 premieres.
Yes, the season 10 finale is in three days' time and what a fun ride (for the most part) it is going to be. Let me give you a taste...
The episode is titled, "Greater Expectations," and is directed by Dean Bennett from a script by Heather Conkie.
In it, the entire Heartland family is thrilled to welcome a new member into the fold, and if you have seen the preview for the episode you know exactly what I am talking about.
Meanwhile, Ghost is still hanging around and Amy disagrees with Georgie’s plan to capture and gentle him. Also, Lou continues to struggle with her investor options for Maggie's in New York but not before Mitch makes a surprising choice. And hoping to impress Cass’s parents, Caleb asks a reluctant Tim for a full-time job.
You'll notice in the above description and in the photos Mr. Ty Borden is not mentioned nor seen. That is deliberate because although some of you may think you know how this episode will unfold, you would be wrong, for there are still some surprises this season to be had.
When I first read the script of this season finale I wondered how everything was going to fit into a television hour. After watching it I still marvel at how it was all accomplished. I often conclude my episode descriptions by telling you that the upcoming episode has a lot going on. Believe me, Greater Expectations lives up to that claim.
It will be there for all of Canada to enjoy this Sunday - March 26 - at 7:00pm, with the good folks in Newfoundland being able to catch it at 7:30pm on CBC television. You can watch a preview of the episode right here.
This Sunday will be a brilliant evening for family entertainment. Immediately prior to the Heartland finale will be the movie, "Lilo and Stitch." And immediately following Heartland will be a new episode of CBC's new original series, "Anne," which premiered last Sunday. If you missed the first double episode you can watch them on the CBC Player, here.
So Heartland fans - in three days it will be a grand finale to the roller coaster ride that was season 10. I certainly hope you intend to watch the last episode of the season with me on Sunday.
After ten seasons, Heartland has 175 episodes. Who would have thought it back in 2006 when filming began on the pilot? And at the end of season 11 there will be 18 additional episodes, for a total of 193. In a word - Yikes!
And don't think I'm going anywhere soon. I'll be back next Thursday to tell you when filming is going to begin on season 11, and I will be here every Thursday with more news, information and photos to help you through the next six months until we get to our next Heartland Sunday.
Until then I shall remain, as I always am, obediently yours. 


all these i found on the cbs

SUBCRIBE

Comments